Friday, January 21, 2011

Pink House Bar 16"x16"

Good morning art friends,
Thank you for your comments about my artwork.  I appreciate your interest and time. Regarding the post, "Needs a Title" most liked the title "Too Many Cooks" and I do to, so I'll go with that.
Last November I had the opportunity to exhibit my work at the Telfair Museum Art Show in Savannah. It was a beautiful weekend and walking in this historic city was a delight. I passed the Pink House restaurant (one of Savannah's favorites) several times on my walks from the hotel to the museum and thought this scene would make a nice painting. The challenge here was to make it interesting in spite of its symmetrical design. I thought moving the big arch left or right would just look off balance. At any rate, I think there is enough going on to hold your interest.

4 comments:

  1. Love this one David. By keeping the exterior simple your eye goes right into the inviting interior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Pink House on a walking tour of Savannah, but I certainly didn't see this aspect of it. You have done a lovely job and created an interesting design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very beautiful. All your work is. I'm having fun exploring! You created a diagonal lead into this painting and so offset the centered entry. Well done.

    ReplyDelete