Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Art of Hollandaise-30x24

 I had a really fun time and wonderful show at The Art Event in Nashville. They had a great turnout, as the weather turned sunny and nice for the weekend event after several inches of snow and freezing temps.
 This painting was used in the promotional material to advertise the show and was sold before the show began.
 I had a chance to observe chefs at the culinary school here in Birmingham on a day when they were cooking egg dishes. My inspiration for this painting came from watching these two chefs prepare Eggs Benedict. They were totally into the task. It was great fun to capture the scene.

2 comments:

  1. Not surprised this piece sold before the show. So appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am the lucky one who bought it ! It was a Father’s Day gift for my husband and hangs in our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete